Leaving Cert standard or its equivalent. The mature student’s experience will be considered in lieu of formal education. Suitability for the course will be assessed at interview.
1 year Full-time - Mornings
: QQI Level 5 Community Health Services - Code 5M4468
About the course
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work as a special needs assistant in a range of education settings, such as primary and post-primary.
- Human Growth and Development
- Understanding Special Needs
- Special Needs Assisting
- Person Centred Focus to Disability
- Safety and Health in the Workplace
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
A period of work experience is incorporated in this programme.
Graduates from this course will be qualified to support the learning environment of children attending different education settings.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies in Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- Early Childcare & Education Level 6 (available in the College) – a minimum of 5 credits at QQI Level 5 is required.
- DIT, DT571 Social Care
- DIT, DT572 Early Childhood Education
- IT Blanchardstown, BN118 Early Childhood Education
Modules offered may be subject to change due to resource demands
In association with: