Entry requirement: A Level 5 QQI Award in Horticulture or equivalent level of horticultural experience. Suitability for this course will be assessed at interview.
BTEI Two-year part-time programme
QQI Level 6 – Horticulture Code 6M4334
About the course
This course will provide students with a thorough practical knowledge and understanding of two major areas in the horticultural industry: The Landscaping industry and plant production suitable for amenity and consumption in a sustainable way. This is the perfect program to gain employment at a supervisory level with landscapers, Public Parks, Large Estates and the allotment industry.
- Year 1:
- Market Gardening
- Tree and Shrub Management
- Team Leadership
- Landscape Design and Construction
- Sustainable Horticulture
- Supervisory Skills
This includes a 440 hours placement spread over the 2 years and it is provided in conjunction with:
- Airfield Estate
- Powerscourt gardens
- Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens
- Hunting Brook Gardens
- Landscape Contractors of Excellence
- St. Michael’s House Organisation
A wide variety of employment opportunities exist with Landscaping contractors, Large Estates, Public Parks, Garden Centers, Primary Schools and Communities.
- Graduates who have successfully completed this course may be eligible for Advanced Progression procedures to year two of Higher Certificate/Degree Programmes in Horticulture through the CAO application process.
Modules offered may be subject to change due to resource demands