Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied
For mature students experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Suitability for this course will be assessed at interview
1 year Full-time
QQI Level 5 Early Childhood Care and Education - Code 5M2009
About the course
This course is designed to train students wishing to work with young children. It is suitable for both school leavers and for mature students seeking a formal qualification.
- Child Development
- Early Care and Education Practice
- Early Childhood Education and Play
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood
- Safety and Health in the Workplace
- Work Experience
A period of 120 hours work experience is required for this programme. This may take the form of one day per week for the academic year and/ or a block release. The College will inform the students of the format in September.
A professional qualification in ECCE is now a pre-requisite to working in the ever-expanding childcare area. The successful candidate would be qualified to work in a privately run Nursery, Voluntary ECCE Setting, Hospital or Early Start Centre.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies in:
- Early Childhood Care and Education Level 6 (available in the College) ~ or
- DIT, DT572 Early Childhood Education
- IT Blanchardstown, BN118 Early Childhood Education
Modules offered may be subject to change due to resource demands
In association with: