- Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied or its equivalent. For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- The course is also suitable for those who wish to join the work place who have an interest in Accounts and Payroll.
Suitability for this course will be assessed at interview
1 year Full-time - Mornings
QQI Level 5 – Business Administration - Code 5M2468
About the course
This course is designed to give students the opportunity to acquire expertise in the areas of accounts, payroll and general administration skills. It is ideal for those seeking employment in small to medium sized businesses using the latest software. An aptitude for book-keeping would be relevant for this course.
- Business Administration Skills
- Computerised/Manual Book-keeping – Sage and TAS Books
- Computerised/Manual Payroll – Sage
- Database Methods
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Two weeks supervised work experience is incorporated into this course.
A wide variety of employment opportunities exist, i.e., banking, insurance, accounts/payroll and general administration. Alternatively, there are opportunities to work in a self-employed capacity in the Accounts area for small businesses.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies to the Certificate in Administration Level 6 available in the College or to Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- DIT, DT315 Business Studies
- IT Tallaght, TA111 Accounting and Finance
- IADT, DL823 Business Studies – Entrepreneurship and Management
Modules offered may be subject to change due to resource demands
In association with: